4-5 cups of fruit, such as diced apples, peaches, or berries
3 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking; certified gluten-free if needed)
2-2/3 cups milk of choice (increase to 3 cups if using flax eggs, or add 1/3 cup water)
3 eggs OR 3 Tablespoons ground flaxseed meal for flax eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil or butter
1/2 cup maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar (increase to 2/3 cup if you prefer sweeter baked oatmeal)
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Add fruit to pan in an even layer. Sprinkle oats over fruit.
- Add milk to a large measuring cup or bowl. Add eggs OR ground flaxseed meal and whisk. Add salt, cinnamon, vanilla, melted coconut oil or butter, sweetener of choice, and baking powder and whisk.
- Pour the liquid over the oats and fruit. Lightly stir/spread until the oats are submerged and the liquid is evenly distributed. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake 45-50 minutes until lightly brown. It shouldn’t be jiggly! Let cool for a few minutes for easier serving.
I prefer flax eggs in this dish – they are typically a mix of ground flaxseed meal and water. I usually just up the milk a bit as noted in the recipe and mix the flax right in.
This recipe is adapted from Cookie and Kate’s Blueberry Baked Oatmeal. Note that one of the changes I made was to make a 9×13 pan with 1.5 times the base recipe. To make an 8×8 pan, see Kate’s recipe for basic quantities!