- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanuts, finely chopped (I use roasted & salted)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (or melted coconut oil, or canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional, but DO IT)
- Preheat oven to 325. Combine oats, peanuts, flaxseed, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Measure the peanut butter with a regular measuring cup (the one you used to measure the peanuts and flax!), then transfer it to a glass 2-cup liquid measuring cup (or other microwaveable bowl) and microwave for about 30 seconds, until it’s melty. Add the honey, oil, and vanilla to the measuring cup or bowl and mix.
- Drizzle liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into a parchment paper lined 9×13 baking pan, pressing it down very firmly.
- Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned. As soon as you take the pan out of the oven, evenly scatter the chocolate chips over the surface of the bars. In 2 minutes, they’ll be melty and spreadable. Using a spatula, spread the melted chocolate over the top of the bars. Let them cool completely (a couple of hours for best results – if they’re warm when you cut them, they’ll be more crumbly) before cutting into 24-30 bars.
This recipe is adapted from my chocolate chip granola bar recipe.
I was low on ingredients, so the pictures are a half recipe baked in an 8×8 pan so they look a little thinner than a full batch baked in a 9×13 pan will be.