For the crust:
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
For the filling:
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (from about 3-4 lemons, depending on how large/juicy they are)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- Optional: whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350. Crush the graham crackers into crumbs (using the food processor or ye olde ziplock bag + rolling pin technique) and mix the crumbs with the melted butter and sugar. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9″ pie plate to form the crust, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk and eggs together. Add the lemon juice and zest and whisk until the filling is thoroughly combined. Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 15 minutes. Cool the pie completely, then chill in the fridge.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired! (I’m the kind of person who drowns their pumpkin pie in whipped cream, but I personally don’t find that this pie needs it.)
This recipe is from Just Another Hang Up, and the only thing I changed was the crust – the filling is pure perfection!