- 3-4 medium zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 cups of Nana’s Spaghetti Sauce (I love to use leftovers from my freezer for this!)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the sliced zucchini onto the parchment and drizzle them with olive oil. Rub the oil onto both sides of the zucchini and sprinkle them with kosher salt and pepper. Arrange the zucchini cut-side down on the parchment and put the pan on the bottom rack of the oven. Roast for 10-15 minutes until the zucchini is lightly browned and getting tender.
- Turn the zucchini cut-side up and heap on the sauce. Sprinkle each with parmesan cheese and return to the top rack of the oven for about 6 minutes, until the cheese is melted and browned.
This recipe is from my mom, and inspired by The Ultimate Stuffed Zucchini from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe