- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1.5 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 cups raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (I heap it up a little because I love sweet/salty combinations!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Combine the coconut oil, honey, and vanilla in a measuring cup and stir, then pour over dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with sides with parchment paper, and pour granola onto the parchment. Press down firmly (it won’t reach all the sides of the pan, and that’s okay).
- Bake until toasted (it will be lightly toasted on top and darker on the bottom), 1 hour. Remove from the oven and gently stir (I like to leave as many big chunks as I can, so I try to flip it in sections with a spatula instead of stirring). Bake 15 minutes more, then cool completely on the pan.
- Serve as is as a snack, with milk like granola cereal, or sprinkled over yogurt!
Thanks to my friend Ashley for the recipe!
Sometimes I can’t find raw sunflower seeds, so I use the roasted salted kind and just reduce the salt slightly.