- 3/4 cup vegetable oil (such as canola or avocado oil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (heap it up if you want!)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (or an additional cup of all-purpose)
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Beat oil, applesauce, and sugars in a large bowl until smooth. Add eggs and pumpkin and beat.
- Add half of the flour and all the spices, salt, and baking powder/soda. Mix just until combined. Scrape the sides, then add remaining flour and beat until just combined again. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners, or grease/spray them. Fill each cup about 2/3 full. Bake 18-22 minutes (mine were perfect at 20 minutes).
You can use 1 cup of oil in place of the oil/applesauce combo.
This recipe is adapted from my pumpkin bread – I reduced the sugar, used part applesauce for the oil, and used some whole wheat flour to compensate for the fact that I was adding the chips! I also skipped the cloves, but you could add some if you’d like to!