- 1/2 of a medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced into half-moons
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil (enough to coat the veggies; it will depend on the size of your vegetables!)
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1.5 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (or parmesan, or asiago…) – optional
- Preheat the oven to 450. Place veggies in a 9×13 pan, and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Stir and toss to coat evenly.
- 2. Place in oven and roast 25 minutes. Stir, and roast 10 minutes more or until tender. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Note: I needed the oven to finish the pork tenderloin at 425, so I kept the veggies out at the “cheesing” step, turned down the oven, cooked the pork, and put the veggies back in while the meat rested to warm back through and melt the cheese.
Adapted from Easy Spicy Roasted Potatoes on Allrecipes